The City of Fellsmere will preserve and improve the quality of life for the residents of Fellsmere by collaborating with the private sector to develop commercial and industrial areas of the City and expand housing choice within the City. This will contribute to the economic vitality of the City, resulting in the retention of existing businesses and recruitment of new businesses, with the creation of jobs that provide wages above the average annual wages in our community. The City is willing and eager to attract business development.
It is the City of Fellsmere’s desire to reestablish the leading historically dominant role in economic development in North Indian River County. The City has many assets and resources to offer business development including:
- Over 1,200 acres of land in the Community Redevelopment Area and Fellsmere Economic Enhancement District;
- Over 23,000 acres of undeveloped land that are designated for future urban, rural and agricultural development options;
- Direct access to Interstate 95 and State Route 60 with convenient access to the Florida Turnpike;
- Abundant utility infrastructure with statewide electric and natural gas facilities and ample water and sanitary sewer capacity; and
- Strategic location within 150 miles of 90% of the State’s population.
The City of Fellsmere offers a favorable, stable climate to cooperate and collaborate with private enterprise.