Administration and Finance
The City Manager performs the following duties:
- Chief administrative official of the City and reports directly to the City Council.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the City as well as all City personnel except for the charter positions of City Clerk and City Attorney.
- Drafts and implements the annual budget, fosters and promotes economic development, and provides City Council with professional advice on matters of policy.
- Acts as the Executive Director of the Community Redevelopment Agency.
The City of Fellsmere transitioned to the Manager-Council form of government in 2005 as the result of a charter amendment.
Director of Finance & Accounting
The Director of Finance and Accounting is the chief financial official of the City, reports to the City Manager, and is responsible in the following areas:
- Central accounting
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Safe guarding and investment of all public funds
- Financial advice to the City Council and staff
- Preparation of all financial reports
- Administration of insurance benefits, and retirement plans
- Any other tasks as assigned by the City Manager.