Superintendent of Public Works reports to the Community Development Director
- Serving as the emergency contact
- Maintaining valves and in ground water mains
- Maintaining four (4) water supply wells
- Maintaining storage tanks andfire hydrants
- Prepares the vulnerability assessment and emergency response reports.
Parks and public land:
- Maintains all parks (i.e. mowing, weeding, etc.) along with maintaining all of the equipment
- Fellsmere Cemetery (locating and marking grave sites, sale of plots and maintenance)
- Building grounds, streets, and sewer maintenance.
- Oversees seven (7) employees
- Keeps time records
- Maintains daily log sheets and prepares monthly reports
- Tracks and monitors fuel, fleet maintenance, work orders, equipment reports, and citizen complaints
- Supervises public works crew, water and sewer operator; evaluations, safety meetings and minutes
- Attends all City Council meetings.
Emergency preparedness & recovery:
- Responsible for preparations before severe storm events
- Provides quick response after severe storm events